The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS cluster error Authentication Failed on....

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Serra, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Serra

Serra Well-Known Member

I'm getting this cluster error:

DNS cluster error on mag.magicangelwest.com : Authentication Failed on 207.x.x.x

You should update the authentication credential for 207.x.x.x at https://mag.magicangelwest.com:2087/cgi/clusterstatus.cgi : Cpanel::NameServer::Remote::cPanel: Unable to Server Error from 207.x.x.x: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    [hos.host.com] (Authentication failure: Server Error from 207.x.x.x: HTTP/1.1 403 Forbidden
    )

The strange part is that it happens each night at exactly 2:30am. I don't have cpHulk running on that machine and I've whitelisted all of my IPs there anyway, so I don't think it is the result of some sort of attack causing the cluster error.

I've verified the credential on both machines and it is running the rest of the time fine. It also shows the green check on the cluster screen.

Any idea why at the same exact time each night it would generate this warning?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Re: DNS cluster error on mag.magicangelwest.com : Authentication Failed on.

Please open a ticket about this if you haven't yet. From within your WHM, top right corner is a Support Menu. On it find the Contact cPanel link.

Thanks!

3. mikelegg

mikelegg Well-Known Member

I just woke up to this happening with one of our DNS only servers.

I'll open a ticket.

4. mikelegg

I tried to open a support ticket on this issue, but I couldn't because the system says "The provided IP and support access id do not match" when I enter them. (I've triple-checked them and they are correct)

Does anyone have any tips on how to fix this problem?

I've already flushed the cPHulk DB, but that didn't help. In fact all of my webservers have been listed again since the flush, so there must be an underlying problem that's causing this.

5. mikelegg

OK, this is how I fixed it ... (I'm not sure which action was the actual fix, but after doing all of these things it worked)

On the DNS-Only server
    -----------------------
    1. Run a upcp --force
    2. Generate a new Access Key
    3. Whitelist all of the web servers that are clustered with the DNS only machine in cpHulk.

On the web servers
    -------------------
    1. Go to Configure Cluster and update the (broken) connection to the DNS Only machine using the new Access Key

6. Serra

Serra Well-Known Member

From what I was told, there is no fix. They fixed the problem in 11.32.2. After updating to that version, the problem disappeared. The issue is related to the script not completing.