The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Cluster issue

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by JoaoFalcao, Dec 11, 2015.

1. JoaoFalcao

JoaoFalcao Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have server 1 and server 2, both with full WHM. Server 1 was becoming full so server 2 will be used for email only for the same accounts as server 1.

I configured a DNS cluster in server 1 as "Synchronize Changes" and although it does not show up in server 2, the DNS zones exist in server 2 so everything should be ok.

I now tried to create an account in server 2 but i got a problem saying that the domain i was creating already existed in the zone. It exists in server 1 where the site is located so i used the "Overwrite any existing DNS zones for the account." and it created the domain on server 2. Now here is the problem, server 2 changed the entire dns zone for this domain in server 1 as well!! Being "Synchronize Changes" this should not have happened correct?

I now have the cluster in server 1 as "Write Only" but had to manually configure the DNS zone in server 1 as all entries were removed from the zone and overwritten...

Did i misunderstood how the cluster should work?

Best regards!

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Could you elaborate on the dns role that's configured in WHM of the second server?

Thank you.

3. JoaoFalcao

JoaoFalcao Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Server2 only has "DNS Cluster enabled" but the configuration does not show up although I configured the cluster in server1 with "Setup Reverse Trust Relationship". I read that as long as the DNS zones were present on server2 it should be ok.

Now that I have server1 as write-only, the configuration still does not show up in server2 but everything is working well.

Regards.

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You may not see the configuration in the user-interface, but the zones should properly sync to this server. Keep in mind that enabling "Synchronize Changes" ensures any changes made on the source server are synced to the DNS server.

Thank you.