Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS cluster member(s) not reloading?

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by brt, Jun 13, 2018.

1. brt

brt Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I know I can create a ticket for this, but first I just want to know if there are any known issues that are being addressed so far.

I've got a DNSOnly cluster with four members; two CentOS 6 servers (ns1-ns2), and two CentOS 7 servers (ns3-ns4).

When I edit a zone, the update is pushed to all members. I've *never* seen an issue with either CentOS 6 server, but I've got issues with ns3-ns4.

One of them, ns3, works fine most of the time, but ns4 will always fail to reload BIND. So I can update a zone and only ns1-3 will show the new serial number until I restart BIND on ns4. Restarting BIND will immediately result in the proper serial number, every time. Resources are not an issue, and all four servers are running 70.0.48 STABLE.

Anyone else?

2. cPanelLauren

cPanelLauren Forums Analyst II
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    HI @brt

I just looked through our internal cases and I don't see anything that matches specifically what you're referencing. I do see a case that references this behavior when adding a wildcard domain but that doesn't sound like what's happening here. The servers that are experiencing the issue, running CentOS7, can you show me the last few lines of the log file here:
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/logs/queueprocd.log
    As well as show me what is present here:
    Code:
    ls -lah /var/cpanel/taskqueue/
    And lastly, can you run the following and let me know the output of running this:
    Code:
    /usr/local/cpanel/bin/servers_queue run
    I did find a case where queueprocd was stuck, though not specific to named I am curious if thats what's occurring on your server.

Thanks!

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...