The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dns cluster problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by danny0n, Apr 13, 2011.

1. danny0n

danny0n Member

Jan 21, 2010
    Hello so I have 2 WHM (WHM1 and WHM2) servers and 2 DNS (DNS1 and DNS2) servers.

The DNS cluster is configured as following:
    in WHM1: DNS1 and DNS2 set to sync
    in WHM2: DNS1 and DNS2 set to sync
    Nameservers are disabled on WHM1 and WHM2.

As far as I can tell the zone is transfered to both dns servers (the .db file is modified) but it's not updated (via rndc reload) so the nameserver still provides the old zone data.

The ouput of Edit DNS zone is:

Modifying Zone
    zone loaded serial 2011032713 OK
    nameserver: reload skipped on idun (nameserver disabled)
    Reconfiguring Mail Routing:
    LOCAL MAIL EXCHANGER: This server will serve as a primary mail exchanger for's mail.: This configuration has been manually selected.
    Your settings have been updated.
    Any ideea how I can make this work ?

Thank you.
  2. SonServers

SonServers Well-Known Member

Oct 24, 2001
    I have the same problem with one server out of five.

The zone gets modified on the other servers, but their nameservers do not pick up the new info. Hopefully someone has suggestions.
  3. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

Oct 2, 2010
    somewhere over the rainbow
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    My suggestion would be to open up a ticket for us to investigate this directly. Clustering issues are oftentimes extremely difficult to troubleshoot via the forum due to the complexity of how these function. To submit a ticket, this can be done using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature.

Please note that we would need access to one or more of the nameservers that is having the issue along with one of the cPanel machines.