The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Cluster problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by areh, May 1, 2007.

1. areh

areh Active Member

I have run DNS Clusrter with two servers for about a year withouth any problems. The dns cluster was setup for me. When I create new accounts, the dns records would be created both places, as it should.

However, when I tried to create an account now recently, the dns record is only created on the same server I am at. So now I need to create new dns record for every new account on the second server manually.

In cPanel, in one of the screens, it says that I´m running dns cluster. Also, I tried to manually sync zones. I do not get any errors and everything looks fine, but the other dns record isn´t created.

2. Bdzzld

Bdzzld Well-Known Member

-Have you recently installed a new firewall or made changes to your firewall?
    -Are your DNS servers still "open" or have you closed them recenlty without adding both IP-addresses to the configuration?

3. areh

areh Active Member

No, I had a company that installed the firewall and setup the cluster at the same time. I can´t think of any changes I have done after that, beside normal update of cPanel from time to time.

I tried to deactivate firewall on both servers and creating a dummy account. This didn´t work either.

I just saw under Cluster management this:

HTTP/1.0 401 Access Denied Still Working Requires version 8.9 or later

#3 areh, May 1, 2007
    Last edited: May 1, 2007
  4. areh

areh Active Member

I deleted the cluster and set it up again, and then it worked again.