The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dns cluster problems

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by gersonfs, Jun 11, 2008.

1. gersonfs

gersonfs Active Member

Hello,

I'm having problems with my dns servers after they activated the dns cluster between them. The times when the cpanel create a domain change /etc/named.conf but does not create the corresponding file in /var/named/. Then have to go there and create via ssh. Who knows what may be happening?

2. gersonfs

gersonfs Active Member

I'm discover that the problem is the connection timeout between the servers.... Then some domains not reply.
    When happens a timeout, the cpanel attempts to synchronize again?

3. imagic

imagic Well-Known Member

We're having the same problems. You can synchronize the dns files in /var/named by going to synchronize dns in the whm, but it takes forever because it goes through every server in the cluster.

Have you found a way around this?

4. gersonfs

gersonfs Active Member

Hi,

I'm adjust the connection timeout from the to servers in Server Configuration -> Tweak Settings -> Specify the timeout in seconds for connections between this server and other remote WHM servers. -> 150

Until now had no more problems...