Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Dns cluster zone delete

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by pachiko, Mar 22, 2014.

1. pachiko

pachiko Active Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,
    I have a Dns cluster configured and working fine, Now i delete a old server and add new server with new IP , all accounts are transfered successfully.
    The problem that i have a onlydns server ( all my servers synchronize dns to this server), I delete the old server from the cluster, but the cluster ( onlydns zone ) stil respona to my request ( like dns zone of the old server are still reside in the dns only server).
    How to delete totaly this server ?? i disable bind service, delete it from cluster, but when i check dns propagation of my accounts, i see that the old ip still respond,

Thank you .

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Technical Support Community Manager
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello :)

You will need to make sure the IP address of the DNS-Only server that is no longer in-use is not used as a name server IP address for your name servers at the domain registrar.

Thank you.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...