The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Cluster

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by patrick24601, Apr 9, 2005.

1. patrick24601

patrick24601 Member

Referring to this post right here:

http://forums.cpanel.net/showthread.php?t=34230&

I tried setting this up the way I thought it should be and it did not work as I expected. So I need some clarification.

I have ns1 and ns2 running on two different servers. They both are syncing with each other whici perfect. All changes show up on both machines. Both the NS1 and NS2 machines also host domains.

Now I want to add a third machine to host domains. On the third machine I'd like to be able add domains, and have the ns1 and ns2 updated to insure those domains go to server 3. I DO NOT want the DNS entries from the other two servers (Ns1 and ns2) to appear at all on server three. After I read the aforementioned post I went to server three and added server1 (the ns1 server) to its cluster as synchronize. Then I went to server1 and added server3 as standalone. I then went and clicked on the syncronize all option from server3 and it picked up all of the domains from ns1 and ns2. Not want I wanted to do. I am now having to clean them all out.

Where did I mess this up?

2. krisdv

krisdv Well-Known Member

We are having the same problem, cPanel support is looking into it for more than a week now.