Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS Clustering - DB file not copied on second server

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by markhard, Aug 1, 2007.

1. markhard

markhard Well-Known Member

I'm having problem with DNS clustering, it seems that the second server didn't copied all db file from main server as on /var/named on second server is empty.

here is the detail of both server:

Server A:
    Centos 4.4
    WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.6.0-R15076

Server B:
    Centos 5
    WHM 11.2.0 cPanel 11.6.0-R15076

Server A is the main server and has accounts in it, I then setup server B (fresh install) and setup DNS cluster.

I setup on both (A & B) DNS clustering with DNS Role set to "Synchronize Change" now if I edit/view the DNS zone via "Edit DNS Zone" on DNS Function menu, it seems that the record is modified on both server.

the problem is when i restart bind on server B, i got this error message:

Code:
    named[1462]: could not open entropy source /dev/random: file not found 
    named[1462]: client 64.85.xxx.xxx#32793: view localhost_resolver: received notify for zone 'host.name.net': not authoritative
    I know that /dev/random is not on the server, how to install or create this /dev/random?
    why the second server (server B) gives not authorative error messages?

when i test on DNSReport.com i got FAIL error on these tests:

Code:
    Lame nameservers : ERROR: You have one or more lame nameservers. These are nameservers that do NOT answer authoritatively for your domain. This is bad; for example, these nameservers may never get updated. The following nameservers are lame:

<[I]showing IPs of Server B[/I]>
    and

Code:
    Missing nameservers 2 : ERROR: One or more of the nameservers listed at the parent servers are not listed as NS records at your nameservers. The problem NS records are:

<[I]showing nameservers of Server B[/I]>
    Does all DB files on /var/named of main server (server A) should be copied to /var/named of second server (server B) or not?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...