The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Clustering Notification

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by christec, Feb 16, 2009.

1. christec

christec Member

I am using DNS clustering and I have configured the cPanel server (web server) to be directly linked to two name servers.

Is there a way to have an e-mail or a notification sent if one of the name servers is down/unavailable and the cPanel server cannot create a new zone or update a zone file?

If the cPanel server cannot create/update a zone file because the name server is down/unavailable is this request queued on the cPanel server? Will the cPanel server try to create/update the zone information at a later time. Or, is performing a "Synchronize DNS Records" action on the cPanel server the only way to get the missing zone information on the name server that was down/unavailable?

2. cPanelKenneth

cPanelKenneth cPanel Development
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    The requested are queued on the local system and periodically retried. The default is every 15 minutes.

3. webbed

webbed Registered

Where can you see if the synchronization is working ok?

It is not working with me anymore, but there are no errors.

When doing a full synchronization at the master server I get this output:

"Syncing all zones..... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Done

Bind reconfiguring on host using rndc"

But i am missing the line about reloading bind at the slave server. In the past there was such a line, and now not anymore and my slave server is way out of sync.