The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Clustering - port 2087 problem.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Biotron2000, Dec 14, 2004.

1. Biotron2000

Biotron2000 Active Member

I've tried contacting cPanel 3 times with no response (maybe the DNS-Only version is unsupported?) so I thought I'd ask here. I did search the forum many times and could not find a solution. Here's the problem:

I installed the cPanel DNS-Only version on a clean, minimal installation of Fedora Core 2, same as my cPanel web server. I was unable to log in to WHM on port 2087, but could log in on port 2086. There is no firewall blocking the port; my cPanel web server is on the same subnet and I can log in there without issue.

After reading some suggestions on the forums here, I removed the cPanel installation files and reinstalled 3 times. Finally, I reinstalled Fedora and cPanel DNS-Only from scratch; still no joy.

I would like to set up clustering with my main server, but it cannot talk to the DNS-Only server on port 2087 to set up the relationship, and gives the following error message:

There was an error while processing your request: Cpanel::Accounting returned [HTTP/1.0 900 NET OR SSL ERROR ./cgi/trustclustermaster.cgi 11396: open_tcp_connection: failed `xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx', 2087 (Connection refused) ]

Has anyone been able to successfully resolve this issue?

Thanks in advance,
    Patrick McNeal

#1 Biotron2000, Dec 14, 2004
    Last edited: Dec 14, 2004
  2. euselect

euselect Well-Known Member

Hi there

I have this problem too on a new install. Reinstalling doesnt work ...
    I am investigating and will let you know if i find anything useful.

Cheers

Neil