The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Clustering problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Milliment, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Milliment

Milliment Registered

Hi
    Well i have a BIG problem at the moment and was hopping someone can help with it,

We have a dns cluster of 4 servers and 2 dedicated for web hosting

it seems we have an issue with our second web server and our ns3 server. they will not connect to each other but with our primary server it has connected without a problem.

Now i have searched the internet head to toe regarding this error but every solution given has said about opening 2087 in and out. This has already been done on ALL servers.

the error recived is

Now between our secondary webserver and the ns3 server they can not ssh each other or ping each other, but between all other servers they can connect and be connected to the ns3 server.

and all other servers can connect to and be connected from our seconday web server.

This has really got me stumped and i have no idea what or where the problem is.

I hope someone can help with this.
    :confused::confused::confused::confused:

2. Milliment

Milliment Registered

We found the problem,

we had recently moved the server to a new datacenter and with this a new ip was assigned to it, the problem was that the old ip was still linked within cpanel and was causing the problem.

All is fixed and well again with our network.