Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS Clustering question

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by olekh, Aug 20, 2006.

1. olekh

olekh Registered

I have three DNS servers. One is running with whm/cpanel and is the master server. The second I am currently installing DNS-Only - and want to make a DNS cluster of those two.

However, I have a third server that does not run WHM/Cpanel. This server is running regular red-hat BIND - and is used as master server for a few domains. The reason I want to stick with that third is that I am programatically changing this DNS server frequently by uploading new zone files and restarting bind when changes are made. This server needs a slave DNS.

The question is : Can I set up slave DNS sones for other domains that is not part of the cluster with WHM/CPanel / DNS-Only ?

Best Regards,
    Ole Kristian Hornnes

2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

I think you'd have to try it and see, i.e. adding them manually to named.conf - it's possible that cPanel will remove them, though.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...