The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dns clustering

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by eigh, Jan 20, 2006.

1. eigh

eigh Member

What is the interval at which DNS zones are synchronized with dns zones of clustered servers?

I have 2 cpanel servers. cpanel01 is set to send its updates to cpanel02

cpanel02 is not set to send its updates to anyone else.

When I create a zone on cpanel01, it does not automatically create on cpanel02. How long must I wait until that zone file is created on cpanel02? Is there a way that I can set that interval?

Note: I'm not talking about IXFR... this is not the standard master-slave relationship that you have in normal BIND servers....

2. eigh

eigh Member

followup information:

when I go into the cpanel administrative interface, and force it to synch the zones, it does so immediatly... but I need to know how frequently it synchs them automatically so that our clients know how long they must wait before their dns changes are replicated through our entire dns infrastructure. Do I need to rig this up manually with a cron job?

Thanks,

-- Jason

3. PWSowner

PWSowner Well-Known Member

The /var/named/domain.com.db file sets various refresh times.

4. eigh

eigh Member

PWSowner,

I believe that you are referring to the TTL of the individual zone file. That information is used for replicating zone files when using the master-slave relationship, but the way that I understand it, that stuff isn't relavant to this custom DNS clustering.

Am I incorrect?

-- Jason