Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS clusters not updating

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by EcoHosting, Jun 21, 2006.

1. EcoHosting

EcoHosting Member

FYI, I just added a 3'rd server to my DNS cluster. I installed DNS only and established a trust relationship with my other 2 servers. The setup completed without errors and stated it had reciprocated the relationship on the other servers as well. I made sure this was the case and verified everything via the WHM interface and everything loooked right.

I performed a synchronize all and everything worked like a charm. All files copied and named.conf was properly updated.

I later modified a DNS entry on one of my other servers and saved it. It failed to update this new 3rd server saying 'connection refused'.

I compared named.conf files and noticed this line was missing on the 3rd server:

controls {
    inet 127.0.0.1 allow { localhost; } keys { rndckey; };
    };

As soon as I added it the updates started working jsut fine. Is this a necessary line to enable updateds? If so it should be added to the install routine for the DNS Only WHM.

Can someone correct me if I am wrong or confirm if this is the case? Thanks.

G