The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS configuration help

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Alakide, Apr 21, 2014.

1. Alakide

Alakide Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Reseller Owner
    Hellow, I have some questions about how to configure my service.

I got a reseller hosting account because im a web designer and i want to provide to my clients hosting service, but when i create a new account for a "X" domain i just dont know which DNS i need to use to point the domine to my host servive. I tryed to set an account’s default nameservers in WHM "Basic cPanel & WHM Setup" but didnt work when i try to point any domine to the host service i got this message "you need to use a registred nameserver".

I red the FAQ to see whats going on and it said something about to set an IP adress to the nameserver but i dont have any options to do that. Anyone can help me.

I will laeva an Screen of what i have in my WHM options

/http://integracomsource.com/S1.png

Regards
    Emmanuel

2. cPanelPeter

cPanelPeter Technical Analyst III
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Hello,

You would need to first register a name server with the domain registrar. Example, if your domain name is: myhosting.com, then you might create ns1.myhosting.com and ns2.myhosting.com as registered name servers (at your registrar).

The following documentation should help you.