The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS connect to StartLogic

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Don Sevcik, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Don Sevcik

Don Sevcik Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Here is where I'm at with my new dedicated server account. FYI, I'm a programmer, I know nothing about servers. I've read through the documentation and the YouTube videos, and my site is not firing. I have all my files loaded up and the Database ready to go in cPanel.

This video in particular:
    /https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4xNNyb5y7o

Right now, my domains are registered with StartLogic. I just became a GoDaddy client today.

What I need is to find out what I need to do with the Name servers or domain pointing so that when somebody types in my website, it now points to GoDaddy files, registers, and loads the website.

I'm in Edit DNS Zone. My domain is showing up, but I need to know what to do to get it to recognize that my domain is registered with StartLogic. I have the 2 name server names. ns1.startlogic.com and ns2.startlogic.com

When I tried doing this in the Edit DNS Zone section, I replace the secure server.net with the ns1.startlogic.com where applicable. this does not work.

At this point, I have no idea what I need to do. Am I pointing GoDaddy to StartLogic, or am I pointing StartLogic to GoDaddy?

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Yes, if GoDaddy is only your Domain Registrar.
    How to Register Private Nameservers - cPanel Documentation

Can't answer your questions about your Hosting Provider, but they can:
    /http://www.startlogic.com/knowledgebase/beta/article.bml?ArticleID=166

If the docs there are of no use, open a ticket with them.