The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS | cPanel- want to use cPanel to create slave zones...

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by, Mar 29, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Member

Mar 28, 2006
    I am new to the cPanel world and have just commisioned a new server running Fedora 4 with cPanel and fantastico. I want this server to be an e-mail server (mostly for POP accounts) and a DNS server. I would like most of the zones to be secondary, and slave to another server, in this case to a windows 2003 server. I find the windows DNS interface to be quite usefull and makes managing DNS zones very easy and trouble free.

I am hoping that I will be able to add/modify DNS slave records using cPanel. (Note: I have added slave zones manually by using this thread: and found that works, but has increased overhead of manual editing, and also increased likelyhood of crashing named with a syntax error.)

I would also hope that I will be able to create new sites, specifically for e-mail without the DNS having to be active in the cPanel system, since the manual slave records do not appear in the cPanel DNS admin...

Thanx in Advance!

Keith Waldron
    #1, Mar 29, 2006
    Last edited: Mar 29, 2006
  2. chirpy

chirpy Well-Known Member

Jun 15, 2002
    Go on, have a guess
    Please don't cross-post on the forums.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.