The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Help/Setup

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by webcatal, Jul 10, 2003.

1. webcatal

webcatal Member

I currently have a reseller account with another company using Cpanel and I liked it so much I decided to get my own dedicated server with Cpanel. I have to admit I am not experienced with everything in linux and Cpanel. My biggest concern/problem is the DNS settings. Currently where I have my reseller account I have 40 clients and all their DNS setting point to ns1.mydomain.com and ns2.mydomain.com where mydomain.com is the main domain used for the reseller account also. What I would like to do is setup my dedicated server to use mydomain.com for the hostname and the nameservers. This is so my clients will not see any downtime nor will I have to have them change any settings on there domains and where their nameservers are pointing. Is this possible and if so I am gonna need a little guidence on what needs to be done if anyone is so kind enough to help I sure thank them. I have some things started but am just not sure if they are correct since I'm not good with DNS.

Thanks to anyone who can help

cPanel.net Support Ticket Number: