The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Help

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by jaandrws, Jan 3, 2012.

1. jaandrws

jaandrws Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    My issue includes two domains and a VPS.

• domain1.com is registered at company 1;
    • domain2.com is registered at company 2;
    • a VPS for domain1.com is setup at company 3 and has nameservers ns1.domain1.com and ns2.domain1.com;
    • domain2.com is a new account set up on the VPS;

I "think" I have to do the following:
    • at company 1 create nameservers "ns1.domain1.com" and "ns2.domain1.com" at company 1 and point them toward the nameserver ip's on the VPS;
    • at company 1 change the dns pointer for domain1.com to "ns1.domain1.com" and "ns2.domain2.com";
    • at company 2 change the dns pointer for domain2.com to "ns1.domain1.com" and "ns2.domain2.com";

I'm sorry for my idiocy but I'm my head is spinning from this problem. Could you help me? Thank you.

2. storminternet

storminternet Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes you are right. Create and register the nameservers first as ns1.domain1.com and ns2.domain1.com with he help of company1. Then point domain1.com and domain2.com with their respective domain registrar to nameservers ns1.domain1.com and ns2.domain1.com