The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Hooks

Discussion in 'cPanel Developers' started by tier2, Dec 24, 2010.

1. tier2

tier2 Member
    PartnerNOC

I use a third party DNS hosting service. They have an API for updating the DNS records remotely. I would like to figure out how to tie into CPanel (or WHM I guess) to update my remote DNS hosting companies server's through their API.

Any information or pointers to the proper documentation location would be awesome.

2. tier2

tier2 Member
    PartnerNOC

I realize it is the holiday time and all but I was hoping to get an answer sooner than this to my question. The developer documentation and blog all say to ask questions first rather than later to help move the project along quickly and smoothly.

As this is my first experience with a CPanel powered server it is not making me feel all warm and fuzzy.

3. cPanelDavidN

cPanelDavidN Integration Developer
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Have you checked out the cPanel Function Hooks or the CustomEventHandler? If you make either function hooks or a CustomeEventHandler.pm, then all cPanel DNS actions can be hooked.

DNS actions in WHM cannot be hooked at this time. You'd need your own sync solution for that.

The difference between Function Hooks and the CustomEventHandler should be adaquately explained here (the main landing page for cPanel Hooking) and in various threads in the forum.

If you have any specific questions beyond that I'd be happy to try and answer them.

Regards,
    -DavidN

PS. Yes, many of us at cPanel are still on Holiday.