The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS in WHM

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by MrTall, Apr 8, 2014.

1. MrTall

MrTall Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    Hello,

I have a dedicated server running cpanel and WHM. Because my host doesn't have any from of DNS server I opted for the godaddy dns premium service.

All has been running fine, however last week the server crashed and I got a bunch of error emails from whm stating that it's restored a dns record on the server.

Since then the site has been responding, then non-responding, then responding etc...

I think I might have a DNS error or confliction.

I have noticed that on the WHM configuration on my domain there is a DNS zone record that pretty much mirrors my DNS zone file which is on godaddy who manages my domain. Should this be there? Should I remove it so that there is only one zone file which is with the DNS service godaddy provide?

Appreciate any help with this,

Thanks for the time

All the best

Craig

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

If the DNS for your domain name is handled on a remote server, then the zones on the cPanel server would not be relevant. Any entries into the zone on the cPanel server would not be utilized.

Thank you.