The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

dns is not updating

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by sniperscope, Feb 5, 2012.

1. sniperscope

sniperscope Well-Known Member

Apr 5, 2011
    osaka/ japan
    cPanel Access Level:
    Website Owner
    I transferred one of my customer's web sites(5 web pages total) about 3 days ago.
    When i checnk dns lookup online tools shows me correct result(which is my server ns records) however, i when i type customer's web page on address bar of browser it takes me to old server.

tracert result also shows ex server.

So far, i know DNS records takes up to 48 hours to propagate around the globe but in my case is about 3 days
    As you can imagine my customer getting upset. And i have nothing to do with it except waiting.

Before that i transferred many sites either to my server or any other servers but none of them wasn't take so long time. Alla was done about 4-5 hours max.

Is there any way to force propagate DNS servers or client browser cache or whatever else.
    Because i stuck here.
  2. singh9211

singh9211 Member

Jan 18, 2011

Firstly try to change the dns records of your local machine to google public dns i.e, or more better option to OpenDNS,, refresh your internet connection means clear the DNS cache >>> flushdns in cmdline. Also clear the browser cache.

Then try to open the website in browser again and see what happen. If still no success check the dns records both at the server and domain registrar end.

Try to check dns records at and let me know the results, so that i can help you further.