The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Issue Caused BY UPCP? WHM bug?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by sOliver, Jul 29, 2011.

1. sOliver

sOliver Active Member

A few days ago I received the dreaded mail "ipcheck" Problem with DNS setup

I checked with various DNS tools like intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health, but there is no problem other than that I have both nameservers on my own server.

I believe that one of the cronjobs is messing up the DNS config and then fixes it. I have a single DNS issue in Google Webmaster tools, could that mean it's only a few seconds down?

Could it be caused by UPCP?

Yes, of course I have checked nameserverips, resolv.conf, hosts file and what not but everything is ok.

My hosts file and resolv.conf looks just fine.

Could it be my datacenter having DNS problems or is it a common WHM problem?

Thanks for looking into it.
    Oliver

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello Oliver,

Can you provide the contents for /etc/hosts file?

The most likely issue is normally /etc/resolv.conf cannot dig the hostname locally. Does this work when you run this on the machine itself?

Code:
    dig +short hostname.domain.com
    Where hostname.domain.com is the fully qualified hostname for the machine, which you can get using "hostname -f" command.

Thanks!