The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS issue, need help with

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by aykfounder, Sep 27, 2005.

1. aykfounder

aykfounder Well-Known Member

Hello everyone,

Please look at this URL:

http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=3whosting.gr

When you scroll down, you'll notice that there are 2 FAIL boxes that come up. One for stealth nameservers and one for Nameserver 2. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this so it says "OK"?

For the record, the 3whosting.gr is the reseller account and the main(parent) TLD of is www.ayksolutions.com

I have never really paid much attention to this, so this topic is still pretty new to me. If anyone could help me out, I'd be greatful.

Thank you

2. aykfounder

Also, another issue that has come up is this:

When I login to this gentleman's main whm account, it does not show his main WHM account under the Edit DNS Zone as well as Add DNS Zone. I double checked it with other resellers who indeed do have access to their main account in the DNS setup part of the panel in their reseller WHM panel. Any ideas?

Thank you

3. oulzac

oulzac Well-Known Member

To change the "errors" login to whm via root, and edit the dns zone for that domain, and change the nameservers in there to the ones it is using at the register level.

The only way a reseller can edit its own dns zone is if it owns its own account.

4. aykfounder

Yep, figured it out.

I changed it in the actual file before and forgot that you had to restart the BIND server. So all is well now.

Thank you