The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS issue with hostname

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Leandro d'Oliveira, May 20, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Leandro d'Oliveira

Leandro d'Oliveira Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello everyone

I installed WHM / cPanel on a dedicated server.

It turns out that the DNS (BIND) of my server is working perfectly for all domains hosted on that my server. DNS just does not work for changes I make in my own domain.

Scenario:
    My domain: example.com (IP: 1.1.1.1)
    Hostname of this cPanel server: srv.server.example.com

PS: An account in this cPanel has been created to host the domain of my host (example.com).

The problem:
    If I create REGISTER: "example.com" type: "A" pointing to IP: 2.2.2.2, my site still opens at the IP address of the dedicated server (IP: 1.1.1.1).

If I create a subdomain the same problem happens, it's like I have not created a subdomain in DNS.

Now for any other domain hosted on this my server I make the changes in DNS and they work.

Changes made to the DNS of my main domain do not (example.com).

Best Regards

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I recommend using a website such as IntoDNS.com to verify the affected domain name uses name servers associated with your cPanel server. If not, any DNS changes to the domain name's zone must occur at the domain regstrar or external DNS host for the domain name.

Thank you.