The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Issue with Newly Added Domain

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by webdbapps, Jul 11, 2011.

1. webdbapps

webdbapps Member

Hi All,

We're hosted by WiredTree and have installed Joomla via Fantastico. The Cpanel user that ran the Fantastico installation is associated with our new domain in WHM. We added the domain to our WiredTree account, but when I browse that domain it's not resolving to our WiredTree server. Can anyone guide me as to what items I need to check in WHM to ensure the domain resolves to our WiredTree server?

Thanks,
    Sid

2. Infopro

Infopro cPanel Sr. Product Evangelist
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    Test the domain here to find what nameservers the domain is using: intoDNS: checks DNS and mail servers health

If the domain's nameservers are pointed to another server, there's really not much you can do other than have him update the domains nameservers at his registrar.

3. webdbapps

webdbapps Member

IntoDNS shows a worldnic nameserver and I'm wondering if I can make the change from the worldnic NS to wiredtree from the WHM DNS Zone editor?

Thanks,
    Sid