The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS issues with MX mailserver

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by csweb, Jan 25, 2008.

1. csweb

csweb Registered

DNS issues with MX mailserver - RESOLVED

NOW RESOLVED!

Hello

I am having some serious trouble with a websites mailservers and I would really appreciate some help to resolve the issue, so if anyone can point out what Im doing wrong i would really appreciate it.
    :)

Here is the problem I have; I wanted to move a website from server A to B but keep its email as it was on server B, however after updating the nameservers to point to server B, and updated the dns through the the old hosts domain admin panel, (as they continue to be the registrar), I updated the A name records for ftp, www, the domain record, and left the mail. as it was pointing to an in-house exchange server on a deicated IP.

So thats what I did and hers the result.

The mailserver points to server B, so email is currently down, which is not a desired effect!!

I am hosted by cirtex with a cpanel account hosting multiple domains by using the addon domain fetaures, so I dont have immediate access to the WHM dns management, but do have access to cpanel MX Entry Maintenance.

It may be an obvious error tome somebody here, if so please speak up as I'm currently stressing!!! :mad:

Thanks all:D

#1 csweb, Jan 25, 2008
    Last edited: Jan 25, 2008
  2. csweb

csweb Registered

hi again

this problem has been resolved by my host tech support, if you would like to know anything about what they did to resolve it, post here and Ill do my best to help.

Cheers