The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS issues

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ScrltOTara, Jun 22, 2011.

1. ScrltOTara

ScrltOTara Active Member

Since the last upgrade (running 11.30.0), something odd happened to my nameservers. They've been set up (correctly) for years, now dnsstuff.com is reporting the following:

Looking at my nameservers in WHM, I see something very odd. My nameservers are there for all the zones on my server, but then I also have nameservers in the list for register.com. It serves one account, who is using register.com for their DNS management. I have other clients using Godaddy and other services to manage their DNS as well, but those nameservers don't appear in the list.

So, is this by design, or a bug? And how do I get them out, as I suspect this is the reason for the errors in my own nameserver lookups...

Thanks,

2. cPanelTristan

cPanelTristan Quality Assurance Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I'm getting no failures at intoDNS: scarletsweb.com - check DNS server and mail server health location, but periodically I'm getting timeouts at Domain Dossier - Investigate domains and IP addresses, get owner and registrar information, see whois and DNS records when checking your domain there for the nameserver results on DNS records return.

At this point, please open up a ticket using WHM > Support Center > Contact cPanel or using the link in my signature for us to investigate further what is happening.