Web_Rob

Member
Nov 30, 2006
18
0
151
I have this domain I have setup weeks ago:
linositalian.com

I pointed the DNS to the same servers all of my other ones are pointed to:
ns1.piermarketing.com
ns2.piermarketing.com

I have registered these name servers with my registrar.

The domain linositalian.com will not resolve. If you do a whois lookup it does not have the correct name servers listed:
http://whois.domaintools.com/linositalian.com

Does anyone have an idea on what could be wrong??
 

chirpy

Well-Known Member
Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
13,465
30
473
Go on, have a guess
If you have a look at:
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=linositalian.com

It looks like the zone on your server isn't setup correctly. Especially interesting is the SOA line failure. Double-check the zone on your server for any typos and additional/missing dots at the end of domains. Might be worth removing and recreating the zone if nothing leaps out at you.
 

Web_Rob

Member
Nov 30, 2006
18
0
151
If you have a look at:
http://www.dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=linositalian.com

It looks like the zone on your server isn't setup correctly. Especially interesting is the SOA line failure. Double-check the zone on your server for any typos and additional/missing dots at the end of domains. Might be worth removing and recreating the zone if nothing leaps out at you.
Wow...I have never seen that tool. I took your advice and deleted, then re-created the DNS Zone. I will see what ends up happening. Thank you for your advice!
 

Web_Rob

Member
Nov 30, 2006
18
0
151
The zone looks OK now from that tool.
I noticed that too....but now my cPanel Webhost Manager is weird. The user is not listed, but if I try to add the account it says that user does exist. I also get this when I login to the client side:

Welcome yourdomain.com! Last login from: 72.130.13.234

Please update your contact information here.

[an error occurred while processing this directive] [an error occurred while processing this directive]


MySQL Databases Sorry, your Cpanel Config file is missing your dns info. / 5

Ftp Accounts 1 / 5





[an error occurred while processing this directive]
 

chirpy

Well-Known Member
Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
13,465
30
473
Go on, have a guess
Check the file /var/cpanel/users/accountname where accountname is the name of the users account. Make sure that you have a line for:

DNS=linositalian.com

If there's one called:

XDNS=linositalian.com

Remove it and replace it with the former. Then run:

/scripts/updateuserdomains

And make sure it doesn't kick out any errors.
 

Web_Rob

Member
Nov 30, 2006
18
0
151
This is my file:


BWLIMIT=524288000000
DEMO=0
DNS1=luggattis.com
DNS2=luggattis.linositalian.com
FEATURELIST=default
HASCGI=1
IP=207.44.204.40
LANG=english
MAXADDON=4
MAXFTP=5
MAXLST=5
MAXPARK=4
MAXPOP=25
MAXSQL=5
MAXSUB=unlimited
OWNER=root
PLAN=Basic
RS=x
STARTDATE=1165018232
USER=linosita
XDNS1=linositalian.com


I changed it to:

BWLIMIT=524288000000
DEMO=0
DNS1=luggattis.com
DNS2=luggattis.linositalian.com
FEATURELIST=default
HASCGI=1
IP=207.44.204.40
LANG=english
MAXADDON=4
MAXFTP=5
MAXLST=5
MAXPARK=4
MAXPOP=25
MAXSQL=5
MAXSUB=unlimited
OWNER=root
PLAN=Basic
RS=x
STARTDATE=1165018232
USER=linosita
DNS=linositalian.com

Changed the last entry. I have files in the correct area and my client side cpanel looks ok now, but when I go to the domain, it does not show the site, it shows default WHM pages.
 
Last edited:

chirpy

Well-Known Member
Verifed Vendor
Jun 15, 2002
13,465
30
473
Go on, have a guess
You need to change it to:

BWLIMIT=524288000000
DEMO=0
DNS=luggattis.com
DNS1=linositalian.com
DNS2=luggattis.linositalian.com
FEATURELIST=default
HASCGI=1
IP=207.44.204.40
LANG=english
MAXADDON=4
MAXFTP=5
MAXLST=5
MAXPARK=4
MAXPOP=25
MAXSQL=5
MAXSUB=unlimited
OWNER=root
PLAN=Basic
RS=x
STARTDATE=1165018232
USER=linosita

Then run the script I mentioned above.