The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS/Nameserver Help for 2 Servers

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by deeplist, Dec 8, 2010.

1. deeplist

deeplist Member

Dec 8, 2010
    Long time Plesk user, new to cPanel. I have two servers, Server A and Server B. Server A runs Plesk (don't shoot me) and was my one and only server for a long time. Our company outgrew the one server, so we purchased Server B, a cPanel server. Now, I am experiencing some issues getting new customer domains to resolve to Server B.

I have 8 nameservers registered with my registrar: pointed to Server A IP1 pointed to Server A IP2 pointed to Server A IP3 pointed to Server A IP4 pointed to Server B IP1 pointed to Server B IP2 pointed to Server B IP3 pointed to Server B IP4

I have been telling new customers who are on the new cPanel, server B to point their domains to ns5, ns6, ns7, and ns8. However, their domains are not resolving and we're just getting "page can not be displayed" messages.

Is there something I need to do on cPanel in the WHM to make this happen? Forgive my ignorance, but I am new to cPanel and know very little about it.
    I have created NS and A records on server A, which hosts the DNS for

Thanks in advance.
  2. cPanelJared

cPanelJared Technical Analyst
    Staff Member

Feb 25, 2010
    Houston, TX
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You need to create a DNS zone, if you have not already, on the cPanel server, and add A and NS records for ns5, ns6, ns7, and ns8 to the zone file on the cPanel server. You did mention that you had registered them with your registrar, but I did not see you mention creating the needed records on the cPanel server.

This section of our documentation explains the DNS functions in the WebHost Manager:

DNS Functions

If you need additional help making the domains resolve, please feel free to submit a ticket. We would be happy to log into the cPanel server and check your configuration for you via a ticket.