The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS & Nameserver Issue

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Taha Haider, Aug 7, 2017.

Tags:
  1. Taha Haider

Taha Haider Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have just installed a fresh and latest cPanel Server.I have copied some accounts from old server via transfer tool

I have two issues,.

1)At user panel, cPanel is only showing MX DNS records, no other records are being displayed.
    if the user creates new records it will display but none of the default or old records are being displayed.

But if I go to WHM > DNS Zone > edit DNS Zone. All records are available there

2) Name servers pointing isn't working. None of the domain registrars are able to accept the name server which is defined on WHM. if I do ns lookup the name servers are resolving but none of the registrars are accepting it

2. Jcats

Jcats Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Are they using the Zone Editor or which option are they using to check the DNS zone?

Did you make sure to register the nameservers at the registrar as well? Simply creating an A Record in WHM for each will not make them work.

3. Taha Haider

Taha Haider Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Yes , Zone Editor > Manage, it only shows MX records.

Yes, I have checked through my other DNS tools as well, the Name server is resolving the IP and server is resolving the DNS queries but registrars are not accepting it

4. Taha Haider

Taha Haider Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi,

The DNS issue is resolved, I did very silly mistake
    Advanced Zone Editor' feature wasn't enabled. I enabled it for all account (using the 'default' feature list') by navigating to Packages >> Feature Manager within WHM.

5. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

I'm happy to see you were able to solve that issue.

Did you first create the name servers at the domain registrar (this is separate from assigning the name servers to a domain name)? We provide a document explaining how to do this at:

How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel Environment - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.