Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Nameserver location?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by locologo, Apr 1, 2017.

Tags:
  1. locologo

locologo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello i am absolutely new in Cpanel, its all very easy only the part when i need to setup my Nameserver getting me crazy.

Ok my first question, the part when i need to enter my Nameservers ns1.mydomain.com and ns1.mydomain.com here will me my Maindomain as myname.com the maindomain is registered by Godaddy and my main site is also Hosted there, is that a problem? If not do i need to setup anything in the DNS Zone?

My second question, In the installing process when i need to choose my NS Software i (i choose BIND) where is the Nameserver located? Is my Server where is Cpanel/WHM installed also my Nameserver?

Sorry for my bad English but DNS is so confusing

2. SysSachin

SysSachin Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Twitter:
    If you want to use private name servers then you need to register nameservers at your domain registrar panel as well add nameservers on the server.

3. locologo

locologo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I have Create a Hostname with my Domain xyz.com in the Godaddy panel (ns1.xyz.com, and ns2.xyz.com) both with the IP from my vServer who is hosted by an other company! Now when i Create a Test user in WHM and want to give him a Domain i register the Domain in Godaddy and enter my Custom previusly created Nameserver. Is this correct? :)

4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Yes, that looks correct. You can review the instructions from the following document to ensure it's setup properly:

How to Set Up Nameservers in a cPanel Environment - cPanel Knowledge Base - cPanel Documentation

Thank you.

5. locologo

locologo Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I wait the second day and nothing works....maybe i whait more? Or i do something wrong in WHM. Maybe i need to change something in the DNS entrys in GoDaddy? I only set the new Nameservers in Godaddy but i change nothing in the entrys.

6. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

Check a domain name that's using those name servers using a utility such as IntoDNS.com. Does it show the correct name servers and name server IP addresses?

Thank you.