The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Nameservers - errors?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Galanthus, Jan 27, 2014.

1. Galanthus

Galanthus Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good day,

I need some advice and help here. Today i have created my own nameservers and registered them at my registrar.
    I have changes it to ns1.domain.nl and ns2.domain.nl including with 2 IP adresses. After that i haved added them to the nameserverips and changed them there to and assigned them using WHM. Everything is working fine however i keep getting a couple of errors which i can not manage to figure out how to solve this problem.

/http://intodns.com/myble.nl <=

I get these errors:
    - Mismatched NS record WARNING: One or more of your nameservers did not return any of your NS records.

- ERROR: One or more of your nameservers did not respond: The ones that did not respond are:
    149.210.xx.xx 149.210.xx.xx

- ERROR: Looks like you have less than 2 nameservers. According to RFC2182 section 5 you must have at least 3 nameservers, and no more than 7. Having 2 nameservers is also ok by me.

- Missing nameservers reported by your nameservers You should already know that your NS records at your nameservers are missing, so here it is again:

ns2.domain.nl.
    ns1.domain.nl.

- SOA record No valid SOA record came back!

- Error MX Records Oh well, I did not detect any MX records so you probably don't have any and if you know you should have then they may be missing at your nameservers!

What am i doing wrong i changed basically everything to make them work.. but no effect.

2. kernow

kernow Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you create entry's for these nameservers? WHM>>>DNS functions>>>>edit DNS zone for domain.nl and check for;
    ns1.domain.nl in "A record" ip address
    ns2.domain.nl in A record" ip address

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Check to make sure the Named service is running well. You may want to try rebuilding the DNS configuration via:

Code:
    /scripts/rebuilddnsconfig
    Also, make sure there are no firewall rules blocking access to your DNS server. If the issue continues, try deleting and re-creating the DNS zone for the domain name you referenced to see if that makes a difference.

Thank you.

4. Galanthus

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator

Hello and thank you for the reply please see screenshot:

/http://s18.postimg.org/890zy2dbc/Schermafbeelding_2014_01_28_om_17_20_07.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Thanks for the reply! i have unblocked port 53 already please see my screenshot down.

5. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Did you try using the command provided to rebuild the DNS configuration file or deleting/re-creating the zone?

Thank you.

6. Galanthus

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi actually i have tried this command i have re-created DNS zone but still a problem. It is pretty weird because i have checked i have created nameservers at registrar.

7. Galanthus

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Nameservers configured but not working! - Please help!

Please help me guys,

I am really confused. I registered my nameservers IP at registrar. That gives me good result.

My domain is domain.nl.

What have i done?

1] nslookup domain.nl, ns1.domain.nl, ns1.domain.nl everything giving good results.
    2] DIG domain.nl nameservers are working and fixed.
    3] Resolv.conf added nameservers for 2 IP adresses.

See screenshots from WHM dns zone:
    /http://s27.postimg.org/bvwiy0lxf/Schermafbeelding_2014_01_29_om_14_08_53.png

Domain name settings:
    /http://s22.postimg.org/bhhk3lkm9/Schermafbeelding_2014_01_29_om_14_11_11.png

I also configured the Reverse DNS..

I managed to fix everything what has to be done.. but for some reason i keep getting this error:
    /http://s28.postimg.org/t5b5r4g0d/Schermafbeelding_2014_01_29_om_14_13_17.png

So who can tell me whats wrong here.. :confused:

8. cPanelMichael

Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Feel free to open a support ticket using the link in my signature so we can take a closer look. You can post the ticket number here so we can update this thread with the outcome.

Thank you.