The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS not authoratative (Can't Add/Park Domains in cPanel)

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by PixelSide, Jan 8, 2010.

1. PixelSide

PixelSide Registered

Jan 8, 2010
    I am paying a monthly fee for a managed master reseller account (I don't have root WHM access) for my domain,

I wanted to make my primary reseller account that I'll be selling my own hosting from to use the custom nameservers and Therefore, I went to my registrar, GoDaddy and created the following custom domain servers. - (this is a dedicated IP I purchased and my provider instructed me to use this one as my ns1 nameserver.) -

The next step I did was edit the dns zone for to include the following:

[​IMG]<-- Click to view

After doing that, I went to my WHMMasterResellers page and plugged in the custom nameservers instead of the default ones.

[​IMG]<-- Click to view

However, Here is the problem I'm facing.

Cpanel accounts can be made with the default domain just fine, as WHM is forced to put the domain entered onto the account. But going into that specific cpanel and trying to addon or park the domain shows the following error.

I talked with my hosting provider and they had this to say:

However, I forced the domain to be parked on my cPanel account via WHM and viola, the domain worked perfectly. I also did a dns lookup on and it returned the correct nameservers and IPs. But they claim the domain is not pointing to them? This doesn't make any sense...

So what I don't understand is let's say for example the account has the default domain pointed to ans

I want to add the domain to this cPanel account. points to and and has fully propagated but when trying to add or park the domain from cpanel, I get the same error stated above.

I went back to GoDaddy and they told me this is because and are not configured to be authoritative on the server.

So who is to blame here and what needs to be done to fix it? Here is the entire DNS zone for

By the way, my host refuses to enable the following setting for security reasons:

Allow Creation of Parked/Addon Domains that resolve to other servers (i.e. domain transfers) [This can be a major security problem. If you must have it enabled, be sure to not allow users to park common internet domains.]

Any help would be greatly appreciated as I am very good with working in cPanel, but still a super novice at WHM.
  2. vanessa

vanessa Well-Known Member

Sep 26, 2006
    Virginia Beach, VA
    cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    It's your would be able to add the domain if they enable that option in WHM, or if you go ahead and point your domain name to their server.

Ask them if they're willing to add an entry to /etc/hosts for you just so you can add the domain.