Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS/NS Cluster working properly, but can't access primary domain

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Brandon Dennis, Sep 16, 2012.

1. Brandon Dennis

Brandon Dennis Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    There was a question like this a few posts down but it wasn't the same issue I'm experiencing.

I have my web server with full cPanel/WHM at: server1.domain.com
    I have two cPanel DNS Only servers at server2.domain.com and server3.domain.com
    These are in a cluster with the two DNS servers synchronizing to the web server. I've moved a domain over to my new nameservers and it works fine.
    I can ping newdomain.com, and www.newdomain.com, I can go to newdomain.com, etc. and see the default page.

All other whatever.domain.com responds and shows working properly, BUT - I can't ping/access domain.com or www.domain.com. I can see the default page at server1.domain.com.

I've gone through all my zone records, sync'd them and cleaned them up. I have two zones domain.com and newdomain.com and they look similar (for the www. access, etc.)

Not sure what I'm doing wrong, because I obviously want my primary site to be www.domain.com

2. Brandon Dennis

Brandon Dennis Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    I probably jumped the gun on this because I've been working on configuration for a couple weeks and was getting frustrated.

After reviewing some of the cPanel documentation, I saw some weird layouts in the httpd.conf - I recompiled with EasyApache and everything appears to be working properly now. Thanks!

- - - Updated - - -

I probably jumped the gun on this because I've been working on configuration for a couple weeks and was getting frustrated.

After reviewing some of the cPanel documentation, I saw some weird layouts in the httpd.conf - I recompiled with EasyApache and everything appears to be working properly now. Thanks!