The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS only install issues

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by NETSource, Nov 26, 2006.

1. NETSource

NETSource Member

Code:
    LWP failed with code[404] message[Not Found]
    Fetching with LWP:
      ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/P/PM/PMQS/Compress-Zlib [-] 1.42 [.] tar.gz

LWP failed with code[404] message[File 'Compress-Zlib [-] 1.42 [.] tar.gz' not found]
    Fetching with Net::FTP:
      ftp://ftp.perl.org/pub/CPAN/authors/id/P/PM/PMQS/Compress-Zlib [-] 1.42 [.] tar.gz
    Downloaded cpanel dnsonly, this is what I get on install. I see from another thread a "fix" but simply saying apply this patch doesn't do squat for those of us who don't know all about cpanel and have no clue on how to apply it.

Since it was caught PRIOR to the November 10th release of the dnsonly version, why wasn't it fixed? I've got a DNS server that's down now, for about 13 hours because you guys didn't bother testing what you put out. Yeah, I'm frustrated.

#1 NETSource, Nov 26, 2006
    Last edited: Nov 26, 2006
  2. jsilvestre

jsilvestre Member

Dear NETSource,

Did you try install that perl module manually?

3. NETSource

NETSource Member

Yes.

Here's what's wrong. The installer has the right version of the script, but the installer then goes back to the cpanel servers and downloads a BROKEN version. So twice during the install you have to beat the clock and write out the correct file.

Pain in the rear.