The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Only not copying zones?

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by wired420, Nov 16, 2013.

1. wired420

wired420 Active Member

I've recently purchased a dedicated server and installed cPanel on it. To have a name server in a geographically different location I fired up a 512mb cloud server on the opposite coast of my country.

No matter what I set to synchronize the DNSOnly server never receives any zones, and the named.conf is never updated.

CentOS 6
    2 Cores
    1GB Ram
    15GB HD

Any ideas? If cPanel can't even handle DNS properly anymore I think its time for me to go back to hand editing zones.

Edit: Okay this is actually a bug. If you add new zones they copy, however DNSOnly WILL NOT automatically copy the zones or configure them.

Bug between cPanel 11.40 and DNSOnly 11.38.2 possibly?

#1 wired420, Nov 16, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 16, 2013
  2. iserversupport

iserversupport Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Try to move the current zone files from backend and click synchronize on both servers. I think it should be fine. Because i dont think it is a bug between cPanel 11.40 and dnsonly 11.38.2

3. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

Try synchronizing the zones by using the following option on the hosting server:

"WHM Home » DNS Functions » Synchronize DNS Records » Synchronize all zones to all servers"

Thank you.