The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS only Subdomains not working

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by ChrisLancs, Oct 21, 2012.

1. ChrisLancs

ChrisLancs Registered

May 19, 2012
    cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Good evening, this is probably something really simple but none the less i cant seem to find the answer.

I have always run things with each webserver doing all its own thing but wanted try to outsource some of the services, i have decided to dedicate the dns to geo located servers running dns only.

All domains eg IANA — Example domains or work perfectly after the change to the remote name servers however subdomains like the following do not resolve.

Correction:: all subdomains work fine except for on cpanel account its main domain works but its subdomains do not.

This is causing me some headaches, i have checked the dns zones and the A records for the subdomains are there and pointing to the correct location. I have tried removing and recreating a subdomain and the same issue is occuring.

my setup is as follows.

Webserver sync to
    -- ns1
    -- ns2

NS1 and NS2 do not sync on each of the dns only control panels the webserver is set to stand alone.
    #1 ChrisLancs, Oct 21, 2012
    Last edited: Oct 21, 2012