cPanel & WHM Version

MisterMartu

Registered
Aug 2, 2020
Norway
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,
I have an issue where I can't get port 53 to open. I've used the last week researching and tried everything, but nothing seems to work. This is a self-hosted server with an Ubiquiti firewall and all ports is forwarded.

Does anyone know how to solve this issue?

Thanks in advance!

cPanelLauren

Product Owner
Staff member
Nov 14, 2017
Houston
Hello,

To confirm you've ruled out that the port is blocked on the server itself correct? i.e., it's been opened in iptables/firewalld (whichever system based software you've used).

You may also need to check with your service provider if you're self-hosting.

As far as how to open the port when using ubiquiti I'd suggest checking their site for troubleshooting assistance Ubiquiti Help Center or submitting a support request Ubiquiti Support

MisterMartu

Registered
Aug 2, 2020
Norway
cPanel Access Level
DataCenter Provider
Hello,

To confirm you've ruled out that the port is blocked on the server itself correct? i.e., it's been opened in iptables/firewalld (whichever system based software you've used).

You may also need to check with your service provider if you're self-hosting.

As far as how to open the port when using ubiquiti I'd suggest checking their site for troubleshooting assistance Ubiquiti Help Center or submitting a support request Ubiquiti Support
Thanks for replying,

I have ruled out the port on the server it self and opened the port through the Ubiquiti firewall.