The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Problem....I Think

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by connorlong, Oct 3, 2006.

1. connorlong

connorlong Member

Hi,

Hope you can Help. Something seems to be wrong with my DNS setup or IP configuration. Sometimes you can ping the server and you get a good reply. Other times you get a timout error response. Any ideas? IP: 65.75.137.30 :eek:
    This causes major problems for my clients getting there emails and logging into WHM takes long time or does not fully load.

2. designeru

designeru Well-Known Member

Hello,

There could be lots of causes for this issues.
    I got: 31% packet loss at ping requests.
    I don't think it's a DNS problem. More like a NIC/switch misconfigured or bad hardware.

I recommand you to contact your DC and see what they can do about this.

For testing, try downloading from www.kernel.org a file to your server (wget http://path_to_link) and in the same time ping your server from your current PC. If you have lots of "Request timed out" you can try to force your NIC from full-duplex to half or from half to full depending what you have now, but DON'T change the speed you have.

Please let me know if i can assist your further,
    Designeru.

---
    For more support contact me: designeru {at} gmail {dot} com

#2 designeru, Oct 3, 2006
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2006
  3. connorlong

connorlong Member

Hacked

Thank you for the response.
    I looks as though I have been hacked. I am seeing a lot of posts on this forum of people suffering from the same problems. Including New Users/Groups created with UID 0.

I handed my server over to servertune.com for the once over. :eek: Sadly it is a hack and I will have to do a OS install again.

Thanks for responding.