Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS Problem - Mismatched Glue

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by dempsey, Jan 20, 2007.

1. dempsey

dempsey Active Member

I've just ran a DNS report on my domain http://dnsreport.com/tools/dnsreport.ch?domain=weirdfish.net

And it says I have mismatched glue. It is listing the name servers from both my old server and new server. I have looked everywhere i can think of in my domain settings and in WHM, but I can't find where my old server IPS (the 216.32.71.*) are being referenced.

Can anyone point me in the right direction so I can remove them?

2. tweakservers

tweakservers Well-Known Member

check on both your old and new DNS server which is at 72.232.250.* and make sure the A records of the ns are being pointed to the correct IP. Synced with the correct IP if it is not. If the A record does not exist, add it in both the DNS server zone.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. nwilkens

nwilkens Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    DataCenter Provider
    Open DNS

I do not see the mismatched glue being reported anymore. It is reporting Open DNS servers though (if you did not see that already).

Check this page for corrective actions: http://dnsreport.com/info/opendns.htm

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...