The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS problem!

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by goodpoint, Mar 29, 2004.

1. goodpoint

goodpoint Member

I restored my sites from a backup.

I created the same nameservers as I had before with those sites.

ns3.xxx.xxx
    ns4.xxx.xxx

It seems to be correct.

Now, the problem is, that those sites don't work. It seems that the DNS/nameservers is not working but in WHM "status" and eveywhere it is shows as "green" or "working".

The wierd thing is that some of the sites I restored have one nameserver which is off my server (ns1.xxx.xxx). And those sites are working. So it seems that the problem is with my server and the nameservers on it.

I can't find anything wrong with my settings etc. I have tryed everything.

I have tryed to upgrade/downgrade cpanel. Changes setting in various files, but still, nothing.

Would someone help me, for a small free, if needed.

I'm running RH9.

Thanks,
    Oliver

2. goodpoint

goodpoint Member

This what I get when using dnsstuff.com

How I am searching:
    Searching for A record for xxx.xxx at a.root-servers.net: Got referral to xxx.xxx. [took 261 ms]
    Searching for A record for xxx.xxx at xxx.xxx.: Got referral to ns4.xxx.xxx. [took 285 ms]
    Searching for A record for xxx.xxx at ns4.xxx.xxx.: Reports that no A records exist. [took 399 ms]

Answer:
    No A records exist for xxx.xxx. [Neg TTL=0 seconds]

Details:
    ns4xxx.xxx. (an authoritative nameserver) says that there are no A records for xxx.xxx.
    (xxx.xxx does exist, but has no A records).