Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

DNS problem

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by Leo_cgi, Aug 31, 2004.

1. Leo_cgi

Leo_cgi Registered

Hi!
    PROBLEM
    -----------------------------------------------
    My customer said that he or the people in his town can´t see the website, but I can see normally and my friends in others states can see normally too.
    I can see the websites, but my customers, they don´t.
    In some states of Brazil it´s possible to see the websites, but in anothers don´t.
    In some Internet Access Providers of Brazil it´s possible to see the websites, but in anothers don´t.
    If I "ping" to verify the domains, the hostname will be normal, but if my customres do "ping" it appears that the hostname domain don´t exist.
    -----------------------------------------------
    SOLUTION:
    It appears that your nameservers that your domains are pointing to are not resolving:
    These domains must be resolvable in order to work properly. Also you might want to add the IP's of these nameservers to your /etc/resolv.conf file.
    ----------------------------------------------
    WHAT I HAVE TO DO?
    Please explains me if I´m right:
    1. I shoul access root WHM
    2. Click in "Reseller Center"
    3. Select a Reseller and click in "Edit Privileges/Nameservers" (myhost.com)
    4. Click in "Add an A entry for this nameserver" to Primary Nameserver and Secondary Nameserver?

Thank You!

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Doing that shouldn't create any additional problems but won't necessarily solve it either. Posting some more info (domain name, OS, etc.) would be helpful.