The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS Problem

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by NovemberRain, Feb 7, 2005.

1. NovemberRain

NovemberRain Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    DNS Problem - No Glue - No A Record

Hello, I have a reseller and he says sometimes he can reach his sites and sometimes he can't. I checked with dnsreport.com and I get:

Your NS records at the parent servers are:

ns1.xxx.gen.tr [NO GLUE; No A record]
    ns2.xxx.gen.tr [NO GLUE; No A record]

WARN Glue at parent nameservers WARNING. The parent servers (I checked with d.gtld-servers.net.) are not providing glue for all your nameservers. This means that they are supplying the NS records (host.example.com), but not supplying the A records (192.0.2.53), which can cause slightly slower connections, and may cause incompatibilities with some non-RFC-compliant programs. This is perfectly acceptable behavior per the RFCs. This will usually occur if your DNS servers are not in the same TLD as your domain (for example, a DNS server of "ns1.example.org" for the domain "example.com"). In this case, you can speed up the connections slightly by having NS records that are in the same TLD as your domain.

NS FAIL NS A timeout occurred getting the NS records from your nameservers! None of your nameservers responded fast enough. They are probably down or unreachable. I can't continue since your nameservers aren't responding. If you have a Watchguard Firebox, it's due to a bug in their DNS Proxy, which must be disabled.

Other resellers don't have this problem, and there are no problems with dnsreport. All of my resellers created nameservers from their registrar and pointed them to our nameserver ips. They all share the same ips but this customer has no glue A record. I think problems are because of that. How can i fix this?

And this domain is not a top level domain. It is a xxx.gen.tr domain. When i try do add A record I get:

Found your nameserver to be: ns1.xxxx.gen.tr
    Found your domain name to be: gen.tr
    Found your nameserver name to be: ns1.xxxx
    Found your nameserver ip to be: xxx.xxx.xxx
    If this looks correct,

Finds the domain as gen.tr, but it is not right. This is something also causes the problems I think. Is there a way to add A record manually?

#1 NovemberRain, Feb 7, 2005
    Last edited: Feb 7, 2005
  2. rublind

rublind Member

There is a file in like /etc/named (do locate named to find it) or something like that where you can manually add entries, but I dont' recommend it unless you know what you're doing...