The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS problems. No websites can see my server.

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by Vatoloco, Jun 22, 2004.

1. Vatoloco

Vatoloco Well-Known Member

I posted this on the forums for my hosting company and yes, I'm very new to this and I'm sure I haven't worded my question right but I would appreciate any help. I've been at this for two days now and am completely stumped. Forgive the novel! :)

I followed the HOWTO: Cpanel Newbie Guide and when I came to the nameserver part I wanted to keep it simple so I used ns1.ev1servers.net and ns2.ev1servers.net. I don't know if I was suppose to or not, but I clicked the "Add an A entry for this nameserver" link after typing them in.

I also changed my hostname to one of my own: server.mydomain.com and followed all the instructions in the Cpanel Hostname How-To. I rebooted after I was done with everything.

I've added two sites on my server. One of my own which will be the main url for my server (mydomain.com) and one for a friends that I'm going to host (friendssite.com). Mydomain.com hasn't had time to propogate to ev1servers yet, but friendssite.com has long ago, yet it's still not bringing anything up.

Have I missed a setting somewhere?

2. sawbuck

sawbuck Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    You can check dnsreport.com and check what it says or post your domain info here.

3. Vatoloco

I get a ton of fail's on dnsreport.com:

4. sawbuck

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Looks like your zones are not being updated. Do you have any errors when restarting bind?

5. Vatoloco

Nope. I just tried it again to be sure:

Do you know if I should have created A entries for my nameservers (ns1.ev1servers.net / ns2.ev1servers.net) even though I'm not running my own?

6. sawbuck

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Probably, because you are receiving the "lame name server" errors.