The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS propagated but webpage from account not displaying

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by francpedro, Dec 23, 2012.

1. francpedro

francpedro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi
    I've setup in WHM, nameservers for a domain and created an account for this domain. In DNSstuff or in intoDNS I can see that domain name propagated, nameservers respond but can not see web page for that domain.
    Is something missing in configuration?

2. mtindor

mtindor Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    It sounds like your basing DNS propagation on the fact that IntoDNS reports proper results. That's all well and good, but if had attempted to view the website before DNS changes propagated, your local resolvers [your ISPs nameservers, your local DHCP-serving device, your Windows box with a poor excuse for a resolver] might be caching the stale information.

Instead of asking you 50 questions, I'd suggest that you reboot your computer and then reboot your internet router right aftwards. That way when your computer is finished rebooting and makes any queries, it'll query your router and your router won't have stale data cached. But neither of those will solve the problem if your upstream provider's nameservers are caching the stale info.

M

3. francpedro

francpedro Registered

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hi
    Thank you for the reply. I can not "reboot" my ISP but your suggestion for rebooting router and my linux box I have done.
    I have made this in other servers with PLESK and my concern is that I am missing something in WHM configuration (first time with this kind of management) since i have never take so long to see the web page in other servers.
    Using some tools in internet I was able to now that the site is online, so it is just me...
    Thanks

#3 francpedro, Dec 23, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 23, 2012
  4. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello :)

You may want to try pinging your domain name from your computer to see if it resolves to the correct IP address yet. If it has not propagated, there is no need to reboot your computer. You can clear your DNS cache with the instructions at:

Clearing DNS Cache

Thank you.