The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

DNS question

Discussion in 'Bind / DNS / Nameserver Issues' started by pokermagic, May 6, 2011.

1. pokermagic

pokermagic Member

Hi,

I am using WHM/Cpanel for our website on a dedicated hosted server. I created a DNS zone in on the server using the DNS Functions. In addition, i just added UltraDNS for managed DNS services.

Does this mean that i can delete the zone on WHM and just use UltraDNS? I changed the Resolver Configuration to point to these new DNS servers.

2. cPanelMichael

cPanelMichael Forums Analyst
    Staff Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    Hello,

A DNS Zone for the domain name is not required on the cPanel/WHM server if you are using an external server for DNS hosting. Keep in mind that any changes you make via cPanel or WHM that would change the DNS Zone will need to be applied manually at your DNS host (e.g. adding subdomains).

In addition, please ensure your external name servers are suitable to be used as resolvers. Typically, you should use resolvers that your hosting provider or data center provides to you.

Thank you.