Please whitelist cPanel in your adblocker so that you’re able to see our version release promotions, thanks!

The Community Forums

Interact with an entire community of cPanel & WHM users!

Dns related question

Discussion in 'Bind/DNS/Nameserver' started by tetsou, Sep 29, 2004.

1. tetsou

tetsou Member

Hi all,

I currently have 1 static ip adress and a domain name that is hosted at another company.
    Im wondering if there is any way that i can host domain with 1 static ip adress?

Regards, Tets

2. linux-image

linux-image Well-Known Member

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    from what i understand; u have one static ip address for your domain hosted by another company. Now what was your next question ?

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. tetsou

tetsou Member

ahh no, :)
    our company has a server with cpanel installed and 1 ip, i was wondering if its possible to point domains to "park" them on our server somehow.

4. linux-image

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    yes; you can do that.. from what i understand; you just need to park other domains via your domain control panel itself. Point the nameservers of the parked domain to that of your current domain.

but to say; if you have a whole server with you; use the WHM and create new webspace for the domains you want.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. tetsou

tetsou Member

there we go, i have 2 ip adresses now, so i guess there is some other solution to that? :)

Tets

6. linux-image

cPanel Access Level:
    Root Administrator
    you can add the new domain you want; assigning it the other ip address on the server. hence one ip address will take you to one domain and the other to the other domain