drunkencat

Registered
Sep 21, 2005
DNS Server (bind) failed - helpppppp??????!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DNS Server (bind) failed to start, can anyone offer to help?! :mad:

Main >> DNS Functions >> Add an A Entry for your Hostname

Found your hostname to be: cp.drunkencat.com
Found your short hostname to be: cp
Found your domain name to be: drunkencat.com
Found your main ip to be: 216.240.138.100
If this looks correct,

after i clicked "Add the entry" button

IP=216.240.138.100 Fatal, neither rndc or ndc was found on this server (cp.drunkencat.com). Add Complete

and...

when trying to start the service

Attempting to restart named
Waiting for named to restart.... . . . . . . . . . . finished.

named status

named has failed, please contact the sysadmin (result was "named is not running").

and when I contact sysadmin

Go to cPanel and ask them for help

and when I came to cPanel

*simply no response*

Last edited:

drunkencat

Registered
Sep 21, 2005
what I get from my tech so far.....

Tian
21:20 WOW GUESS WHAT I GOT FROM CPANEL!?

"Joshua Shaffer wrote at 2005-09-22 00:06:45 :

This is a request that should be handled by your hosting company or datacenter. Your dacenter of record is Calpop.com. Your hosting company or datacenter should be your primary source for all technical support.
"
leon
21:22 I guess that's why I referred you to their forums and not their support.

The answer that I got back was that bind was not installed. Also that up2date and yum had been removed from the system. I cannot install bind on the machine without yum or up2date.
Tian
21:33 Are you freaking kidding me? I paid the money expecting for what I should get, and you tell me bind is not even installed and you can't install it, then how the hell am I supposed to use the server
leon
21:35 The bottom line is that you are trying to blame us for things that you changed on the machine. I'm trying to help you, but you seem to be more interested in not getting it resolved.
Tian
21:42 alright ... I'm not sure what did I do wrong, but I don't think I did delete anything from the machine. All I did was installed a jpeg lib, and tried to set up DNS

so tell me what can I do to solve the problem